When I was a “real” teacher I would do chapter work with my students to help them really soak up the nuances in stories. As a mom I try to do the same thing. We’re nearing the end of our family’s current chapter book, The Twenty-One Balloons, and discussing the details has really helped our kids to think about the characters and setting; it has also aided them in making some educated predictions.
- Today I’m offering a FREE DOWNLOADABLE for you to print off and use together.
- Print a copy for each of your chapters and keep them in a binder, or use them only when you know you’ll be tackling some confusing text.
- Encourage your kids to draw with detail and use their best spelling.
- Have fun together and please pass this worksheet on to another mom!
- Click and drag the image below to your desktop OR click this .pdf file.
How do you work with story details with your family?